Sexy sultry cat eyes have been the craze for quite a while, but black eyeliner is becoming blah next to the upcoming trend of colorful eyeliner. It was seen on the runway of Dior’s 2012 Fall-Winter Haute Couture collection and now its everywhere on the red carpet.
Sure, bright-colored eyeliner sounds like a lot of fun, but there are certain things you have to take into consideration before choosing a color of the rainbow. Here are a few tips:
– Consider the color of your eyes and pick a shade that creates a contrast. For example, blue eyes look amazing with bronze, orange or rust. Brown eyes look best with navy blue or cobalt. Hazel eyes really pop out in a shade of green. Or, break every rule and use whatever you feel like, like neons!
– Apply the eyeliner close to your lash line. Wing it if you want to, line the bottom of your eye if you want even more color.
– Remember that with this look, your eyes are the main focus, so every other feature should be mute. Sheer gloss, bronzer or blush and lots of mascara is all you need.
– Some make-up artists suggest skipping mascara, it’s your choice. I personally cannot live without my liquid black eyeliner and mascara. If you are in the same shoes, I recommend drawing a bright, colorful line over your black liner for an even more intense look. It’s super sexy! 😉
And now, some inspiration from the red carpet and Pinterest:
- Summer Makeup Idea: Colored Eyeliner (clutchmagonline.com)
- Beauty Do Or Don’t: White Eyeliner? (thefrisky.com)