I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but florals are everywhere. Everywhere! They are adorable and super feminine, but the 2012 take is a little bit more edgy, a little less “this looks like something your grandma would wear.”
1. Do tailor your outfits. They should fit you perfectly, or else you could look frumpy.
2. Keep it simple. They mark some celebrity (I can’t tell who she is) with a huge DON’T because she paired her cute floral dress with cowboy boots. Yikes! Pumps or flats in one hue work better.
3. Mini florals are especially tricky. You don’t want to look childish or frumpy, so pair with something sexy AND, one more time, make sure it fits you.
4. Don’t do florals all over. Mix with a minimalist items or simple patterns.
5. And if you’re doing big florals, be careful! In their words: “Don’t do a big print on a big dress. Big Mistake.”
- Extreme Floral Editorials – The Nikicio ‘Run into the Flowers’ Collection is Blooming with Bouquets (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Flowers in Fashion – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (redenvelope.com)
- floral print (burnettsboards.com)
- Floral Arrangements – Fashion is in full bloom with these 10 flowery picks (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- Julianne Hough for GLAMOUR Magazine (livelyindepthmusicent.com)
- Power of the flower (roelienzwart.wordpress.com)
- See Julianne Hough Channel Her Inner Rock Star at the Rock of Ages Premiere (fabsugar.com)
- Trends: Floral (thedandylife.wordpress.com)