I love how fashion is so quick to change its mind. A few seasons ago, maybe even last season, a mullet skirt would’ve been a no-no, reminiscent of the beginning of the 2000’s angular skirts, or even those that had zig-zag hemlines. Now, the mullet skirt is everywhere.
It works because it has a much fresher vibe, with all the pastels and neons and soft, silky materials used in their design. In my mind, the mullet skirt can be worn to a special event, one that’s a little more elegant, when paired with high pumps and an elegant chained clutch. I love this Rare London Sheer Chiffon sleeveless dress in a light, teal blue, paired with AX Paris Cream Faux Suede Platform Shoe and this Rebecca Minkoff Perf Mini Affair shoulder bag.
The messy headband braid gives the whole classy look a little bit of edge without losing its elegance.
- Skirt Mullet // Lookbook (sumofyum.wordpress.com)
- New Basic: The Hi-Low Skirt aka Mullet Skirt? (brokeandbeautiful.com)
- The Long and Short of It | Mullet Dresses (secretsandstilettos.com)
- The mullet returns – to hemlines, not hairstyles (vancouversun.com)
- I Love Mullets (lforlazarus.wordpress.com)
- Would You Wear: Mullet Skirts? (thefrisky.com)